• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

made dinner tonight for neighbors.. they have kids, my kid is home... For the kids, I heated up pizza.  Squares and slices.  They also made their own marshmallow pops that they assembled, decorated and then consumed.. 

I made another papaya salad.. Again no fish sauce, used palm sugar, lime, soy, chile pepper and salt.  Then, i had some cut up ginger on my knife and added a bit.. i liked the taste and added a little more. I made another dal.. I also had some skirt steak in the freezer that I defrosted and did my thai fish sauce marinade to.  More white rice and had leftover cauliflower and tahini.  I made the steak for the parents, sliced thin and served with papaya salad, dal and rice.  The bride and I had everything but, cauliflower instead.. Guests ate some cauliflower too. 

Successful dining, along with meat eaters..   then about ten minutes ago, i made myself a tostada.. made my own vegan cheese, topped with some shredded cabbage and lime juice.. i also started an injera dough that will ferment for the next 4 days on my counter 

BKEats

BKEats

made dinner tonight for neighbors.. they have kids, my kid is home... For the kids, I heated up pizza.  Squares and slices.  They also made their own marshmallow pops that they assembled, decorated and then consumed.. 

I made another papaya salad.. Again no fish sauce, used palm sugar, lime, soy, chile pepper and salt.  Then, i had some cut up ginger on my knife and added a bit.. i liked the taste and added a little more. I made another dal.. I also had some skirt steak in the freezer that I defrosted and did my thai fish sauce marinade to.  More white rice and had leftover cauliflower and tahini.  I made the steak for the parents, sliced thin and served with papaya salad, dal and rice.  The bride and I had everything but, cauliflower instead.. Guests ate some cauliflower too. 

Successful dining, along with meat eaters.. 

BKEats

BKEats

I made another papaya salad.. Again no fish sauce, used palm sugar, lime, soy, chile pepper and salt.  Then, i had some cut up ginger on my knife and added a bit.. i liked the taste and added a little more. I made another dal.. I also had some skirt steak in the freezer than I defrosted and did my thai fish sauce marinade to.  More white rice and had leftover cauliflower and tahini.  I made the steak for the parents, sliced thin and served with papaya salad, dal and rice.  The bride and I had everything but, cauliflower instead.. Guests ate some cauliflower too. 

Successful dining, along with meat eaters..