• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

2 hours ago, BKEats said:

Made Alkaline Noodles today.. I essentially baked baking soda for an hour.. I followed this blog https://gingerandscotch.com/baked-baking-soda-alkaline-noodles/

49782085846_84a12c56f1_z.jpg

mixed with water and tossed in with the noodles. 

It was essentially like making a pasta dough. Except you add this alkaline water.  ran it out to a 6.. cut with spaghetti cutter. I have dough left that I will hand cut. 

49781157148_5a33ab9766_z.jpg

To try them out I made this sichuan sauce.. amazing.. Delicious, chewy, just so good.

49781883666_b4ea6b5d51_z.jpg

then I decided to go just straight up sesame paste, sesame oil, peanut butter, sugar, hoison, soy, sriracha, vinegar, ginger and garlic. 

49781883671_75cdbbc537_z.jpg

then I made lo mein.  beef.. this was my initial intention but, well, the noodles were so good and I wanted to try different dishes.. I have some left where I want to make just a traditional garlicky thin brown sauce that is served at the end of meals.. 

Lo mein:

49781343968_debde6a082_z.jpg

Beef:

Beef goes in, gets browned and removed.. Then vegetables are cooked briefly and taken out.. Then the noodles go in and are cooked in oil for a few.. then you throw in some ginger and garlic, then beef and veg.. then I poured a sauce in the mixture and cooked together for a few.. 

49781547628_fc1feb449f_z.jpg

This was so good.. Miss A asked me where I bought the noodles.  No time to spare,  or take a pretty shot, you eat the noddles while they are hot

49782412147_1d350253df_z.jpg

Thank you for that.  I finally found some Koon Chun Potassium Carbonate and sodium di-carbonate solution so will try these...we love those noodles and I think they would be great cut thick on my Chitarra pasta thingie that produces square noodles.  But I will try the #6 first...that sounds quite thin but I see in the last dish posted they look thin.

cheers.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

2 hours ago, BKEats said:

Made Alkaline Noodles today.. I essentially baked baking soda for an hour.. I followed this blog https://gingerandscotch.com/baked-baking-soda-alkaline-noodles/

49782085846_84a12c56f1_z.jpg

mixed with water and tossed in with the noodles. 

It was essentially like making a pasta dough. Except you add this alkaline water.  ran it out to a 6.. cut with spaghetti cutter. I have dough left that I will hand cut. 

49781157148_5a33ab9766_z.jpg

To try them out I made this sichuan sauce.. amazing.. Delicious, chewy, just so good.

49781883666_b4ea6b5d51_z.jpg

then I decided to go just straight up sesame paste, sesame oil, peanut butter, sugar, hoison, soy, sriracha, vinegar, ginger and garlic. 

49781883671_75cdbbc537_z.jpg

then I made lo mein.  beef.. this was my initial intention but, well, the noodles were so good and I wanted to try different dishes.. I have some left where I want to make just a traditional garlicky thin brown sauce that is served at the end of meals.. 

Lo mein:

49781343968_debde6a082_z.jpg

Beef:

Beef goes in, gets browned and removed.. Then vegetables are cooked briefly and taken out.. Then the noodles go in and are cooked in oil for a few.. then you throw in some ginger and garlic, then beef and veg.. then I poured a sauce in the mixture and cooked together for a few.. 

49781547628_fc1feb449f_z.jpg

This was so good.. Miss A asked me where I bought the noodles.  No time to spare,  or take a pretty shot, you eat the noddles while they are hot

49782412147_1d350253df_z.jpg

Thank you for that.  I finally found some Koon Chun Potassium Carbonate and sodium di-carbonate solution so will try these...we love those noodles and I think they would be great cut thick on my Guitar pasta thingie that produces square noodles.  But I will try the #6 first...that sounds quite thin but I see in the last dish posted they look thin.

cheers.