• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Boringish work night meal with a new technique trialed. Breaded pork Chop, Peas and Mash thats not mashed. 

Not going to lie I think I make darned good Mashed Pots using a ricer, melted butter & warm milk method - I get smooth, fluffy but still... solid feeling mash (this is hard to describe!). Decided to try a version using warm butter and an electric whisk. It made a very smooth, light and creamy Mash - which for me didn't quite hit the spot (Seemed a bit like the 'just add water' powder mash of school dinners). 

Of course now my Husband is in love with the new version and I hate it. 'Cause life. 🙄

20200129_183246.thumb.jpg.592b78e5d645e1e85d1a14f3773d3c58.jpg

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Boringish work night meal with a new technique trialed. Breaded pork Chop, Peas and Mash thats not mashed. 

Not going to lie I think I make darned good Mashed Pots using a ricer, melted butter & warm milk method - I get smooth, fluffy but still... solid feeling mash (this is hard to describe!). Decided to try a version using warm butter and a Whisk. It made a very smooth, light and creamy Mash which for me didn't quite hit the spot (Seemed a bit like the 'just add water' powder mash of school dinners). 

Of course now my Husband is in love with the new version and I hate it. 'Cause life. 🙄

20200129_183246.thumb.jpg.592b78e5d645e1e85d1a14f3773d3c58.jpg