• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

Lunch today,  "Quick" tomato sauce with peas and potatoes, from our 1000 indian cookbook I've posted from before.

It's quick because she calls for tomato sauce instead of starting from tomatoes, thee's more then 3.5 tbls of spices in here.  2 Serrano peppers for heat.  My wife got pureed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, still worked fine - added plenty of water (usually her recipes add more water then we like) and got the consistency really good.  This was much better we even expected so we'll be making it again.

20200418_114025.thumb.jpg.61876586017e331eb21cd8fc87b8d4d2.jpg

Oh and it has Fenugreek leaves in it - which I am so happy we discovered years ago when we got this cookbook.  Did you know this is what can be used to make imitation maple syrup with?

Raamo

Raamo

Lunch today,  "Quick" tomato sauce with peas and potatoes, from our 1000 indian cookbook I've posted from before.

It's quick because she calls for tomato sauce instead of starting from tomatoes, thee's more then 3.5 tbls of spices in here.  2 Serrano peppers for heat.  My wife got pureed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, still worked fine - added plenty of water (usually her recipes add more water then we like) and got the consistency really good.  This was much better we even expected so we'll be making it again.

20200418_114025.thumb.jpg.61876586017e331eb21cd8fc87b8d4d2.jpg\

Oh and it has Fenugreek leaves in it - which I am so happy we discovered years ago when we got this cookbook.  Did you know this is what can be used to make imitation maple syrup with?