• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

45 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

Lychee has a deeper taste which I like. The Governor prefers the Rambutan and I oblige.

One of my preferred fruits is Mangosteen.

One pick one's battles ;) Never had the pleasure of mangosteen. I like the description that it has a tart element. Sometimes the "exotics can be too one note sweet for me, Then again I live in Los Angeles where the street fruit cart vendors hand you a packet of chile/salt/citric acid or a lime wedge when you buy a cup. They also include cucumber.

An Ode to the Fruit Carts of Los Angeles | Fruit stands, Fruit, New fruit

heidih

heidih

28 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

Lychee has a deeper taste which I like. The Governor prefers the Rambutan and I oblige.

One of my preferred fruits is Mangosteen.

One pick one's battles ;) Never had the pleasure of mangosteen. I like the description that it has a tart element. Sometimes the "exotics can be too one note sweet for me, Then again I live in Los Angeles where the street fruit cart vendors hand you a packet of chile/salt/citric acid or a lime wedge when you buy a cup. They also inckude cucumber.

An Ode to the Fruit Carts of Los Angeles | Fruit stands, Fruit, New fruit