• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Colombe Bans Smoking

Holly Moore

Obviously La Columbe realizes that they might loose part of their "hipster" crowd, but isn't it possible that they just don't care?  Many of the "regulars" at La Columbe spend their entire day there, lounging around, without spending any money.

Yeah, I mean it's not like they're in the "realism theater" business - providing a glimpse of the vastly cool and hip set so that the rest of us poor schmucks can visit it from time to time...

Like a Disneyesque "Artsyland" or something.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

stopped by la colombe last friday.

they were still fairly full. don't know how it compares to before though.

looks like i may have been wrong, but i'll let things play out first before admitting that.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

finally, when i visit from NY to see my family at home i can drink my coffee, and read my magazine without gettting cancer

thank you !!!only 2. 5 months til NY is SMOKE FREE TOO!!

"Is there anything here that wasn't brutally slaughtered" Lisa Simpson at a BBQ

"I think that the veal might have died from lonliness"

Homer

• 2 weeks later...