• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

On 8/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, David Ross said:

Question about grilled sweet corn on the cob.  I know that most people probably follow the method of pulling back the husks and pulling off the silk.  Then forming the husk back over the ear before grilling.  I guess the idea is to protect the corn from the heat of the grill.  I sometimes use that method, but more often I pull off the husks, the silk and then put the ear of corn on the grill.  I happen to like the char and grill marks, but you do have to watch it so it doesn't burn.  What do you think?

I cheat and use a torch. I never get it right, grilled. 

gfweb

gfweb

11 hours ago, David Ross said:

Question about grilled sweet corn on the cob.  I know that most people probably follow the method of pulling back the husks and pulling off the silk.  Then forming the husk back over the ear before grilling.  I guess the idea is to protect the corn from the heat of the grill.  I sometimes use that method, but more often I pull off the husks, the silk and then put the ear of corn on the grill.  I happen to like the char and grill marks, but you do have to watch it so it doesn't burn.  What do you think?

I cheat and use a torch. I never get it right grilled. 

gfweb

gfweb

11 hours ago, David Ross said:

I cheat and use a torch.