• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well all ye naysayers.... @Kerry Bealsort of took one for the team as you asked her to but it’s now occupying space in my kitchen!  It was purchased while we were up in Manitoulin in July and shipped to a Buffalo address and only now was Kerry able to get down there to retrieve it.   For me it is like Christmas in September.

43557543-BF71-4373-9700-2ED5FC25B197.thumb.jpeg.7851e1c32789d34025ed2c022ae5a481.jpeg

Here it is with all five  interchangeable cooking surfaces:  plain grill pan, takoyaki pan,  wavy grill pan,  ceramic deep pan and six disc pan. For those who think that the only thing you can make in a takoyaki pan are takoyaki there’s a whole book devoted to things that you can make that are not octopus-based.  Look up The Little Book of Takoyaki on Amazon. 

Also included in the package is something called a shovel which is basically a silicone spoonula,  tiny fingertip protectors, a tablespoon and a teaspoon measure which click together, and the most intriguing of all:  

53A3F3DC-795F-49B7-8B5A-239B7700E3AA.thumb.jpeg.f30d0efc59695dd0ef414a9a04367460.jpeg

A number of these resealable plastic bags. I am a verbal person not a visual person so I am still struggling to interpret what they are intended for. My first instinct of course was to assume they were used for sous vide.   Nothing in the instruction manual nor anywhere in their advertising material do I find any reference to these.   Marinade bags maybe?  That’s my best guess.

Here is the website for the manufacturer:

Click.  

Try scanning the QR code in the upper left corner, some phones have this built into the camera app, others need a QR scanner app installed. I tried scanning the pic but didn't have any luck.

Vapre

Vapre

5 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well all ye naysayers.... @Kerry Bealsort of took one for the team as you asked her to but it’s now occupying space in my kitchen!  It was purchased while we were up in Manitoulin in July and shipped to a Buffalo address and only now was Kerry able to get down there to retrieve it.   For me it is like Christmas in September.

43557543-BF71-4373-9700-2ED5FC25B197.thumb.jpeg.7851e1c32789d34025ed2c022ae5a481.jpeg

Here it is with all five  interchangeable cooking surfaces:  plain grill pan, takoyaki pan,  wavy grill pan,  ceramic deep pan and six disc pan. For those who think that the only thing you can make in a takoyaki pan are takoyaki there’s a whole book devoted to things that you can make that are not octopus-based.  Look up The Little Book of Takoyaki on Amazon. 

Also included in the package is something called a shovel which is basically a silicone spoonula,  tiny fingertip protectors, a tablespoon and a teaspoon measure which click together, and the most intriguing of all:  

53A3F3DC-795F-49B7-8B5A-239B7700E3AA.thumb.jpeg.f30d0efc59695dd0ef414a9a04367460.jpeg

A number of these resealable plastic bags. I am a verbal person not a visual person so I am still struggling to interpret what they are intended for. My first instinct of course was to assume they were used for sous vide.   Nothing in the instruction manual nor anywhere in their advertising material do I find any reference to these.   Marinade bags maybe?  That’s my best guess.

Here is the website for the manufacturer:

Click.  

Try scanning the QR code in the upper left corner, some phones have this built into the camera app, others need a QR scanner app installed.