• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Carl's Jr. - 2019 and beyond

Toliver

"Carl's Jr. Turned Its Western Bacon Cheeseburger into a Seasoning and Put It on French Fries"

...Carl’s Jr., the chain of burger joints known for Six Dollar Burgers and putting on musicals (and not being the same as Hardees anymore), has a different idea for how to load up its French fries: With a seasoning made to taste like all the elements of the brand’s classic Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

Western Bacon Fries are available today at Carl's Jr. locations nationwide, and include natural cut French fries “coated in a brand-new Western seasoning that delivers all the taste of the Western Bacon Cheeseburger including BBQ sauce, charbroiled beef patties, cheese and even notes of the sesame seed bun.” Or, as Carl’s Jr. put it on Twitter, it’s like “sprinkling 1,000 tiny Western Bacon Cheeseburgers on your fries.”

Uhm...where can I buy this special seasoning/salt? :laugh:

I love their Western Bacon Cheeseburger. I wonder if they could make it with a grilled chicken breast instead of a burger? They do have a BBQ grilled Chicken sandwich which I do order once in a while, but it's not the same as the WBC which is my fav.

And I wish they had larger sizes of the fried zucchini sides. I convince myself they're a healthy side to order because zukes are veggies. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I hadn’t been to Carl’s Jr. in years, but I watched a Good Mythical Morning YouTube video where Carl’s Jr. won their chicken tenders shootout.  I  don’t usually put much credence in those guys’ taste tests(or anything else), but that Carl’s Jr. beat out even the chicken places including Popeyes caused me to give Carl’s Jr. a try.  Lo and behold, their chicken tenders are really good. I’m sure it helped that they cooked them to order while I was sitting in the drive-thru, but they were still really good when I got home half an hour later.

• Like 2