• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

On 4/25/2019 at 7:38 AM, gulfporter said:

So jealous of your kitchen width; we have a galley kitchen here in Mexico and my DH and I constantly bumping into each other (and he's ultra slim and I'm average sized).  Though to be honest, we jostle each other in our FL kitchen too, which is a 15 foot square.  Maybe after 47 years of marriage we still like to cuddle 🤗

I may find it wider than I want, but I think an island where they have the two-seater table will be the answer. I found one on overstock.com that I like. White, same style as cabinets, but a butcher-block top as I would never be able to match the granite.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, liamsaunt said:

That is a beautiful, spacious kitchen!  Lots of storage space too.  Is the floor wood or tile?  When I remodeled my kitchen I put in wood-look tile.  It sort of looks like yours but mine is a blue-gray color.  It reminds me of the deck of a ship.

The floor is a ceramic tile that is designed to look like wood. It has a sort of gray-ish, "pickled" finish. It goes throughout the foyer, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry area, etc. I love it because it's just about indestructible.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, lindag said:

Does the micro exhaust to the outside?

I ask because it's something that is lacking in my kitchen.

Now, that's one I don't know. I will have to look.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Smithy said:

@kayb, I'm thrilled for you! The kitchen looks beautiful: ready to move into, and all you'll need to do is decide where best to put things. Is that oven a Samsung, by any chance? If so, is it one of their dual-option ovens? That's what I have at home.

The stove (and fridge) are Samsung. Got to give these folks credit; when they redid the kitchen, they did NICE appliances. I believe the oven is dual-option; I honestly did not check. The fridge actually has an iPad built into the door. If you use the last of the milk, you scan the bar code with the iPad, and it puts milk on your grocery list. Add "fridge" to the list of appliances that are smarter than I am.

Our offer's been countered, and the counter accepted. Closing targeted for May 30. Y'all come help pack, or unpack. There will be food and booze.

I am determined all that will be on the countertop at all times are the coffee maker, CSO, stand mixer and canisters. Did not realize what I thought was a broom closet is actually a second pantry. Both pantries have slide-out shelves, which please me tremendously.

Will post quantities of photos once we get moved and all is set up.

kayb

kayb

On 4/25/2019 at 7:38 AM, gulfporter said:

So jealous of your kitchen width; we have a galley kitchen here in Mexico and my DH and I constantly bumping into each other (and he's ultra slim and I'm average sized).  Though to be honest, we jostle each other in our FL kitchen too, which is a 15 foot square.  Maybe after 47 years of marriage we still like to cuddle 🤗

I may find it wider than I want, but I think an island where they have the two-seater table will be the answer. I found one on overstock.com that I like. White, same style as cabinets, but a butcher-block top as I would never be able to match the granite.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, liamsaunt said:

That is a beautiful, spacious kitchen!  Lots of storage space too.  Is the floor wood or tile?  When I remodeled my kitchen I put in wood-look tile.  It sort of looks like yours but mine is a blue-gray color.  It reminds me of the deck of a ship.

The floor is a ceramic tile that is designed to look like wood. It has a sort of gray-ish, "pickled" finish. It goes throughout the foyer, kitchen, dining room, den, laundry area, etc. I love it because it's just about indestructible.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, lindag said:

Does the micro exhaust to the outside?

I ask because it's something that is lacking in my kitchen.

Now, that's one I don't know. I will have to look.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Smithy said:

@kayb, I'm thrilled for you! The kitchen looks beautiful: ready to move into, and all you'll need to do is decide where best to put things. Is that oven a Samsung, by any chance? If so, is it one of their dual-option ovens? That's what I have at home.

The stove (and fridge) are Samsung. Got to give these folks credit; when they redid the kitchen, they did NICE appliances. I believe the oven is dual-option; I honestly did not check. The fridge actually has an iPad built into the door. If you use the last of the milk, you scan the bar code with the iPad, and it puts milk on your grocery list. Add "fridge" to the list of appliances that are smarter than I am.

Our offer's been countered, and the counter accepted. Closing targeted for May 30. Y'all come help pack, or unpack. There will be food and booze.

I am determined all that will be on the countertop at all times are the coffee maker, CSO, stand mixer and canisters. Did not realize what I thought was a broom closet is actually a second pantry. Both pantries have slide-out shelves, which please me tremendously.

Will post quantities of photos once we get moved and all is set up. @IowaDee, I'll take some other pix as well and post in the off-topic topic for you. So far, things are progressing smoothly, though it feels as if I am hemorrhaging money.