• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Oooooooo!

just like that

ATK S19 Ep 08 :

SouVide 

Eggs /steak / circulators.

as much as it galls me 

they did a decent job.   it will probably drive me to drink   

the steak was 1.5 to 3 hours  @ 130   ( expensive rib-eye steaks w caps  )   then pan sear, make  a deglazed sauce

they use the displacement method . and they added 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to help displace air.

for poached eggs , cold from the refrigerator  :  167 x 12 minutes  , ice bath for one minute , the crack onto toast.

aside from the oil , they did a decent job.

they might have used the straw in the corner method for the last bit or air , saving a bit of mess.

and then used the jus from the steak for their final deglaze rather than chicken stock.

they preferred the Sansaire circulator , based on a quicker beet the water up , and an accuracy of 0.2F

they did fairly note that it required a program on a mobile device , and if you didn't want that feature , the Anova WiFi was the

way to go.   in their book , the downgraded the Anova as they said it had a 2 degree accuracy , and 

that was too much for eggs.  they did not mention this on the show.  My Anova's are perfectly accurate for eggs

at what ever temp I set them for.

anyway , a decent introduction for those who knew nothing about SV

parched I am.

rotuts

rotuts

Oooooooo!

just like that

ATK S19 Ep 08 :

SouVide 

as much as it galls me 

the steak was 1.5 to 3 hours  @ 130   ( expensive rib-eye steaks w caps  )   then pan sear, make  a deglazed sauce

they use the displacement method . and they added 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to help displace air.

for poached eggs , cold from the refrigerator  :  167 x 12 minutes  , ice bath for one minute , the crack onto toast.

they might have used the straw in the corner method for the last bit or air , saving a bit of mess.

and then used the jus from the steak for their final deglaze rather than chicken stock.

parched I am.

rotuts

rotuts

Oooooooo!

just like that

ATK S19 Ep 08 :

SouVide 

as much as it galls me 

parched I am.

rotuts

rotuts

Oooooooo!

just like that

ATK S19 Ep 08 :

SouVide 

as much as it galls me 

the steak was 1.5 to 3 hours  @ 130   ( expensive rib steaks )   then pan sear w a deglazed sauce

they might have use the straw in the corner for the last bit or air , saving a bit of mess.

parched I am.