• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

Like others, I've never cooked avocado or particularly wanted to. The nearest is a BALT where the avocado is slightly warmed by the contact with the bacon.

I have been making this a lot recently, though. Either as a starter, a breakfast, brunch  or a just a snack.

avo2.thumb.jpg.2dd0811394447e30726a536f56d93b58.jpg

Pitted avo filled with flying fish roe (salmon or even real sturgeon caviare would be better of course, but not available to me). Dressed with a mildly vinegary,  simple vinaigrette of oil and white Chinese rice wine vinegar. Served with cold, Chinese sea grass and black pepper.

liuzhou

liuzhou

typo

Like others, I've never cooked avocado or particularly wanted to. The nearest is a BALT where the avocado is slightly warmed by the contact with the bacon.

I have been making this a lot recently, though. Either as a starter, a breakfast, brunch  or a just a snack.

Pitted avo filled with flying fish roe (salmon or even real sturgeon caviare. would be better of course, but not available to me). Dressed with a mildly vinegary,  simple vinaigrette of oil and white Chinese rice wine vinegar. Served with cold, Chinese sea grass and black pepper.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Pitted avo filled with flying fish roe (salmon or even real sturgeon caviare. would be better of course, but not available to me). Dressed with a mildly vinegary,  simple vinaigrette or oil and white Chinese rice wine vinegar. Served with cold, Chinese sea grass and black pepper.