• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Burmese Days

Burmese Days

On 2/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, liuzhou said:

Well, the guy in my local Lanzhou Lamian place (100 yards from my door), who is from Lanzhou, manages just fine without it.

How interesting.

I would assume it's closer to Latiaozi because it doesn't have any alkaline? It must take a huge amount of skill to pull them thin without any type of dough conditioner. How thin can he make the noodles?

Burmese Days

Burmese Days

On 2/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, liuzhou said:

Well, the guy in my local Lanzhou Lamian place (100 yards from my door), who is from Lanzhou, manages just fine without it.

How interesting.

I would assume it;s closer to Latiaozi because it doesn't have any alkaline? It must take a huge amount of skill to pull them thin without any type of dough conditioner. How thin can he make the noodles?