• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

I agree with @TicTac ,my gravlax is not so opaque.  I start with the back end of a filet typically, after I've portioned out dinner-sized filets.  Coat it with salt and sugar until it can hold no more...some dill...then into a ziploc and compress with another plate and a big can of Cento San Marzano tomatoes. Must be Cento.  Two or three days later its gravlax.  Looks like the nova you get at the deli.

gfweb

gfweb

I agree with @TicTac ,my gravlax is not so opaque.  I start with the back end of a filet typically, after I've portioned out dinner-sized filets.  Coat it with salt and sugar until it can hold no more...some dill...then into a ziploc and compress with another plate and a big can of Cento roma tomatoes. Must be Cento.  Two or three days later its gravlax.  Looks like the nova you get at the deli.