• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Yeah, at least at some of these places, like Mario's holdings, you know that things are being done, measures being taken to see that it doesn't happen again.

Today, Morgan Spurlock (Supersize Me) outed himself as an abuser and part of the problem. His apology seems sincere and thoughtful, but poorly written, and one wonders why he's having an epiphany at this moment -as he's had corrective moments in the past to inform him of wrongdoing.

I won't be too surprised to see more news  about others in the future. Judging by the number of incidents I myself have experienced, and my friends have experienced, perpetrators and their defenders are more common than previously discussed in polite society. Pretty much every industry has been affected by this bad behavior IMO, the news now is seeing how, or if, they change in the future.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

Yeah, at least at some of these places, like Mario's holdings, you know that things are being done, measures being taken to see that it doesn't happen again.

Today, Morgan Spurlock (Supersize Me) outed himself as an abuser and part of the problem. His apology seems sincere and thoughtful.

I won't be too surprised to see more news  about others in the future. Judging by the number of incidents I myself have experienced, and my friends have experienced, perpetrators and their defenders are more common than previously discussed in polite society. Pretty much every industry has been affected by this bad behavior IMO, the news now is seeing how, or if, they change in the future.