• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

13 hours ago, fug said:

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Growing up in the DC suburbs I've enjoyed my fair share of Maryland crab cakes - mayo, Old Bay, some bread crumbs. But, my all-time favorite is a delicate, creamy French crab cake from a now-closed DC restaurant named Le Caprice.  Last night I tried my hand at Galette de Crabe 'Le Bec-Fin' and it brought memories of Le Caprice back to me.  The shrimp mousse binder made for a light, airy, elegant cake and the mustard sauce brought a tangy zip to the dish.  I had to work on my technique to flip the molds without making a mess. Now that I've got it down, the dish is quite simple.1883708771_IMG_4388(2).thumb.JPG.436e356573179dca1437a816d6ae53f6.JPG

Found the recipe here:  https://www.delawareonline.com/story/life/food/2014/09/04/dinner-fancy-french-crab-cakes/15088255/

looks delicious

Edited just now...sorry folks just saw the post above with the recipe used.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

6 hours ago, fug said:

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Growing up in the DC suburbs I've enjoyed my fair share of Maryland crab cakes - mayo, Old Bay, some bread crumbs. But, my all-time favorite is a delicate, creamy French crab cake from a now-closed DC restaurant named Le Caprice.  Last night I tried my hand at Galette de Crabe 'Le Bec-Fin' and it brought memories of Le Caprice back to me.  The shrimp mousse binder made for a light, airy, elegant cake and the mustard sauce brought a tangy zip to the dish.  I had to work on my technique to flip the molds without making a mess. Now that I've got it down, the dish is quite simple.1883708771_IMG_4388(2).thumb.JPG.436e356573179dca1437a816d6ae53f6.JPG

Found the recipe here:  https://www.delawareonline.com/story/life/food/2014/09/04/dinner-fancy-french-crab-cakes/15088255/

looks delicious