• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

14 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

tried to make rice recently and had trouble with it

(((hugs))) Kim, I feel for you!  You have a lot on your plate and quitting smoking on top of that is hard!  Rant all you want!

Have you tried using your Instant Pot for rice?  I've been rice-challenged my whole life until I started doing it in there.  

Using regular Uncle Ben's rice

1 cup of rice

1 1/2 cups of water

Stir

8 minutes on high.  Quick release.

Turns out good every time for me.

PS.  I swear there was pepperoni under there--probably not enough, though.  Ronnie likes a really meaty pizza....me, not so much.

PPS.  Your chicken looks perfect and I now want ice cream.  Ice cream is something I can't keep in the house very often.  I will eat it all.  In one sitting.

Shelby

Shelby

10 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

tried to make rice recently and had trouble with it

(((hugs))) Kim, I feel for you!  You have a lot on your plate and quitting smoking on top of that is hard!  Rant all you want!

Have you tried using your Instant Pot for rice?  I've been rice-challenged my whole life until I started doing it in there.  

Using regular Uncle Ben's rice

1 cup of rice

1 1/2 cups of water

Stir

8 minutes on high.  Quick release.

Turns out good every time for me.

PS.  I swear there was pepperoni under there--probably not enough, though.  Ronnie likes a really meaty pizza....me, not so much.