• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

A3F6FA85-86D1-4922-B8C7-6C243EAB296B.thumb.jpeg.21262ff425799ac72322e7e3f94fb663.jpeg

More fatoot samneh made in the A4 box. I wouldn’t normally post this since we’ve seen it enough times now but today I made it with a different pita. This one was labelled as Lebanese style and was much less doughy than the ones I have been using. And I used commercial ghee instead of my homemade.

The dish made this way was also good but given my choice I prefer the thicker bread and the flavour of the homemade ghee. Yeah, I know. Not very scientific. Never change more than one variable at a time. But I was making breakfast not conducting an experiment. 

I forgot to add that after I tasted it I decided to add even more variables and sprinkled it with Trader Joe’s umami powder!

Anna N

Anna N

A3F6FA85-86D1-4922-B8C7-6C243EAB296B.thumb.jpeg.21262ff425799ac72322e7e3f94fb663.jpeg

More fatoot samneh made in the A4 box. I wouldn’t normally post this since we’ve seen it enough times now but today I made it with a different pita. This one was labelled as Lebanese style and was much less doughy than the ones I have been using. And I used commercial ghee instead of my homemade.

The dish made this way was also good but given my choice I prefer the thicker bread and the flavour of the homemade ghee. Yeah, I know. Not very scientific. Never change more than one variable at a time. But I was making breakfast not conducting an experiment.