• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Beebs

I've found this video of a Chinese recipe for stuffed cabbage using red cabbage leaves. It's in Chinese but should be fairly easy to follow visually. The ingredients of the stuffing mix, in order, are glutinous rice, (cooked) pork, shiitake mushrooms, salt, white pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce. As is usual here, no quantities are given, so you just have to use your own judgement.

And on YouTube, there is this:

Again,  I think easy to follow without knowing Chinese. There are more at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=紫包菜

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Beebs

I've found this video of a Chinese recipe for stuffed cabbage using red cabbage leaves. It's in Chinese but should be fairly easy to follow visually. The ingredients of the stuffing mix, in order, are glutinous rice (cooked) pork, shiitake mushrooms, salt, white pepper soy sauce and oyster sauce. ASis usual here, no quantities are given, so you just have to use your own judgement.

And on YouTube, there is this:

Again,  I think easy to follow without knowing Chinese. There are more at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=紫包菜

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Beebs

I've found this video of a Chinese recipe for stuffed cabbage using red cabbage leaves. It's in Chinese but should be fairly easy to follow visually. The ingredients of the stuffing mix, in order, are glutinous rice (cooked) pork, shiitake mushrooms, salt, white pepper soy sauce and oyster sauce. ASis usual here, no quantities are given, so you just have to use your own judgement.

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Beebs

I've found this video of a Chinese recipe for stuffed cabbage using red cabbage leaves. It's in Chinese but should be fairly easy to follow visually. The ingredients of the stuffing mix, in order, are glutinous rice (cooked) pork, shiitake mushrooms, salt, white pepper soy sauce and oyster sauce.