• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sweet Impact Mama

Sweet Impact Mama

3 hours ago, shain said:

Kaffir lime + cinnamon 

Kaffir lime + ginger + cardamon/cinnamon 

This was sort of the direction I was trying to work out. Since these leaves are used in a lot of S.E. Asian savory dishes, I was trying to come up with a pairing that honored that. But, at the same time, I have to work with the customer taste buds that we have in Wisconsin, so when I go a bit too crazy, they rebel and won't make the leap. 

Kafir lime + rum + mace/nutmeg 

Lime pate + white chocolate, maybe + mint 
This is lovely, too!

Lime pate + ginger + orange zest 

Lime pate + ginger + whiskey 

Sweet Impact Mama

Sweet Impact Mama

3 hours ago, shain said:

Kaffir lime + cinnamon 

Kaffir lime + ginger + cardamon/cinnamon 

This was sort of the direction I was trying for work out. Since these leaves are used in a lot of S.E. Asian savory dishes, I was trying to come up with a pairing that honored that. But, at the same time, I have to work with the customer taste buds that we have in Wisconsin, so when I go a bit too crazy, they rebel and won't make the leap. 

Kafir lime + rum + mace/nutmeg 

Lime pate + white chocolate, maybe + mint 
This is lovely, too!

Lime pate + ginger + orange zest 

Lime pate + ginger + whiskey