• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

joiei

joiei

There is a new Mexican restaurant in Tulsa.  Fabulosos Mariscos A La Antigua  For the almost 20 years that I have lived here all Mexican restaurants were the same.  Same menu, same recipes, on and on.  There is this new place created by a chef who is from Puerto Vallarta and he brought his recipes with him.  There is no refried beans, no Mexican rice, no tacos, no burritos and on and on.  For lunch I had a Filetes de Pescado grilled and topped with a spicy garlic butter sauce.  Presentation was refreshing, service was a bit slow but the quality of the food more than made up for it.  I was sopping the sauce with the griddled slice of french bread that was on the plate.  Oh, no chips and salsa  except for  a very nice and very spicy house made salsa, a piquant tomatillo salsa and a small dish of ceviche.  This place was so refreshing.  And it was not a corporate from Austin invading.  We are getting a lot of that these days.  

*edited to correct spelling

joiei

joiei

There is a new Mexican restaurant in Tulsa.  Fabulosos Mariscos A La Antigua  For the almost 20 years that I have lived here all Mexican restaurants were the same.  Same menu, same recipes, on and on.  There is this new place created by a chef who is from Puerto Vallarta and he brought his recipes with him.  There is no refried beans, no Mexican rice, no tacos, no burritos and on and on.  For lunch I had a Filetes de Peacado grilled and topped with a spicy garlic butter sauce.  Presentation was refreshing, service was a bit slow but the quality of the food more than made up for it.  I was sopping the sauce with the griddled slice of french bread that was on the plate.  Oh, no chips and salsa  except for  a very nice and very spicy house made salsa, a piquant tomatillo salsa and a small dish of ceviche.  This place was so refreshing.  And it was not a corporate from Austin invading.  We are getting a lot of that these days.