• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

artiesel

Volumes 1, 2 and 4 of J.P. Wybauw's Book for sale

Posted (edited)

I have Volumes 1 ,2 and 4 of Jean-Pierre Wybauw's Great Chocolate books are for sale.

The books are in great shape!  There is some tape on the corner of the front of volume 1 that I used to keep it together after a drop.  Volume 1 is also autographed by the author (See pics below).

I'm asking $150 for the lot OBO.

Let me know if interested or if you have questions

20180612_152521.thumb.jpg.f13c7e3cf112d3e9a2e36219fa0a4458.jpg20180612_152538.thumb.jpg.131d2b6fe3c4f487edfaa0f26965de2b.jpg20180612_152546.thumb.jpg.991c946f3819befa08066a807da62ba5.jpg

20180612_152559.thumb.jpg.a1eb43219f8baf539f690bb0dcf31442.jpg

20180612_152607.thumb.jpg.041f87af3c1759446270fd2e184786a4.jpg

Edited by artiesel (log)

Yes they are.  

I just got another offer today, though.  Would you be able to pay $200.00 plus shipping for the lot?

Edited by artiesel (log)

• Similar Content

• By BVWells
      I just wanted to thank Kerry, Steve (lebowits), Rob (gfron1) and Chocolot for taking the time out to answer so many of my questions. I haven't been working with chocolate for long and was running into a number of problems and they were so helpful. After following their advice and lots of practice I finally feel like I am getting the hang of things. Here are today's results. Waiting to be filled, but so far so good. Thank you again and hopefully I'll get to meet you guys at the workshop next year. By the way, there will be TONS of additional questions to come. lol

Branden

• By Mullinix18
      I have seen referenced in several places on the internet, including Wikipedia, a stat about escoffier recommending 40 minutes for scrambled eggs in a Bain Marie. I cant find where this number is from. On Wikipedia it refers to the book I currently own, the "Escoffier le guide culinaire" with forward by Heston Blumenthal by h. L. Cracknell...specificly page 157 for the 40 minute cooking time of scrambled eggs but it's not in my book on that page! Even tho there is the recipe for scrambled eggs on that page... I've seen the 1903 first edition online.. And it's not in there either.... Where is this number from?? Id like to know in case there is some even more complete book or something out there that I'm missing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. 
    • By eglies
      Hi everyone I am a new chocolatier. I would like to know if anyone sells their bonbons in malls or airports and if they do, do you keep them in a fridge for chocolates? I know that chocolate is very sensitive to temperature especially bonbons...or is the air-conditioning enough?
    • By eglies
      Hello I am a new chocolatier. I am calculating my costs to come up with a budget for my new business. I need help from you guys.
      if lets say a box of 12 bonbons costs me 4 dollars including raw material and packaging, how much should your sales price be? Also how much would you charge for wholesale, assuming margin is between 20-40%?
      How much is a reasonable labour cost per hour? 
    • By eglies
      Hello, I am a new chocolatier.  Any suggestions on new products or other sources of revenue one can create to increase business during warm weather? People dont really like to eat chocolate during very hot weather we have here. I need to think of ways that will not give me extra costs. Thanks for your feedback