• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marie Belle transfer sheets

Bentley

Does anyone know the source of the transfer sheets used by the amazing Marie Belle Chocolate shop in NYC?  If I had to guess, I'd say Valrhona Signature is doing them, but it's just a guess.  They are so unique and beautiful.  

7 hours ago, Bentley said:

Does anyone know the source of the transfer sheets used by the amazing Marie Belle Chocolate shop in NYC?  If I had to guess, I'd say Valrhona Signature is doing them, but it's just a guess.  They are so unique and beautiful.  

I don't know the answer to your question, but must say they are beautiful. What intrigues me is that they seem to have overcome what I see as the major problem with transfer sheets--many colors, especially red, get washed out when they are applied to dark or milk chocolate. I have so many transfers that I can rarely use because I bought them before I realized that fact. And I am not going to coat them all in white (for one thing, it make them bend and the white flakes off--at least when I apply it). So I too would love to know the source of Marie Belle's.

Edited by Jim D. (log)

They probably have titanium dioxide in the colours to make them opaque.

You could try spraying a very thin layer of white cocoa butter onto the transfer sheet to make the design show up on dark/milk but any negative space in the design would of course be white then.