• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

spelling

18 hours ago, Toliver said:

Carl's does have biscuits (which they claim are made fresh daily) and offers a few breakfast sandwiches that are biscuit-framed. They must be nothing like what Hardee's makes because I find the Carl's biscuits to be a little "doughy" and consider them to be nothing to write home about, so to speak.

Yeah. the Hardees biscuits I remember from 25+ years ago were square and cooked in a grid. You could buy a slab of 9 (I think?) of them in a box. The raisin ones had icing poured all over them. Both the plain and regular biscuits were very moist inside.

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Carl's does have biscuits (which they claim are made fresh daily) and offers a few breakfast sandwiches that are biscuit-framed. They must be nothing like what Hardee's makes because I find the Carl's biscuits to be a little "doughy" and consider them to be nothing to write home about, so to speak.

Yeah. the Hardees biscuits I remember from 25+ years ago were square and cooked in a grid. You could buy a slab of 9 (I think?) of them in a box. The raisin ones had icing poured all over them. Both the pain and regular biscuits were very moist inside.