• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChristysConfections

ChristysConfections

To follow up on the book, @Rajala - you say it’s still good for learning the technique? It’s unfortunate that it is of a low quality, but is the information quality? I was looking at getting the book, but I can’t find a copy for sale at the moment. I want it to learn technique and was going to ask if anyone here is selling their copy (say they’ve taken the course and feel the no longer need it). I want to take the course, but am unable to budget that much time and money this season. So I thought the book would be a good way to support Dubovik sharing his knowledge and also learn some new decorations. 

ETA: now that I read back a little, maybe the Savour online would be an affordable way to start. 

ChristysConfections

ChristysConfections

To follow up on the book, @Rajala - you say it’s still good for learning the technique? It’s unfortunate that it is of a low quality, but is the information quality? I was looking at getting the book, but I can’t find a copy for sale at the moment. I want it to learn technique and was going to ask if anyone here is selling their copy (say they’ve taken the course and feel the no longer need it). I want to take the course, but am unable to budget that much time and money this season. So I thought the book would be a good way to support Dubovik sharing his knowledge and also learn some new decorations.