• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

Has anyone seen or tried those pebbled ceramic coated skillets?  I am not sure what they are called*, but I cooked on one at a vacation home we borrowed and was impressed.  I bought a set for my mother and she seems to like them a lot.  I wouldn't say she is a cookware connoisseur, but she has owned and used many different pans (including a Griswold 43b that I covet).  I was afraid she wouldn't like them and she was skeptical at first, but she has been surprised by how well they work.

*update:  J. A. Henkels calls this a Ceraforce surface (link to frying pan)

rustwood

rustwood

Has anyone seen or tried those pebbled ceramic coated skillets?  I am not sure what they are called, but I cooked on one at a vacation home we borrowed and was impressed.  I bought a set for my mother and she seems to like them a lot.  I wouldn't say she is a cookware connoisseur, but she has owned and used many different pans (including a Griswold 43b that I covet).  I was afraid she wouldn't like them and she was skeptical at first, but she has been surprised by how well they work.