• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

I am a Tramontina fan.

I use 14" Tramontina non-stick pans in my ren faire kitchens and love them. We use them on 30kBTU camp stoves and don't baby them. When one does wear out, I replace it with another Tramontina. I have used smaller ones in my home kitchen. I have an 8" hanging on my pot rack right now. It's the one with the blue handle in my avatar.

Regarding other coatings, even my cobalt-titanium(?) non-sticks are slowly failing. When they die completely I will not replace them.

ETA: I have a very good, competitive restaurant supply house that I use regularly and the non-stick pans they sell are about the same price as the Tramontinas.

Porthos

Porthos

I am a Tramontina fan.

I use 14" Tramontina non-stick pans in my ren faire kitchens and love them. We use them on 30kBTU camp stoves and don't baby them. When one does wear out, I replace it with another Tramontina. I have used smaller ones in my home kitchen. I have an 8" hanging on my pot rack right now. It's the one with the blue handle in my avatar.

Regarding other coatings, even my cobalt-titanium(?) non-sticks are slowly failing. When they die completely I will not replace them.