• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Sorry, wrong thread. I posted it here and not the dinner. If Smithy sees this please move to dinner. Thanks.

--------------

I stayed at a traditional guest house on Yonaguni island where home-style meals are included in the price. Seaweed of some kind is served with almost every meal, no matter how small the amount. Japan already holds the record for longevity but the highest concentration of centenarians is found in the Ryukyu archipelago. (Look up the well documented Blue Zone study)

Impossible to photograph this seaweed soup.

sDuMhN0.jpg

P7mQMBi.jpg

Mahi and marlin are some of the most common fish around here (but marlin is king).

fziknBH.jpg

Only tasted the sauce and I stopped there. Sauce had Japanese mayo and hard-boiled egg. I would have made it with miso (butter).

tLW8Evn.jpg

Squid and celery tasted buttery to me.

2Srn1GV.jpg

Went to a restaurant a few doors down the road for beer and more sashimi.

TjOxGR2.jpg

8YNUWRA.jpg

Locally made booze is 60%. The men drink both beer and booze at the same time.

bYbJHFR.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I stayed at a traditional guest house on Yonaguni island where home-style meals are included in the price. Seaweed of some kind is served with almost every meal, no matter how small the amount. Japan already holds the record for longevity but the highest concentration of centenarians is found in the Ryukyu archipelago. (Look up the well documented Blue Zone study)

sDuMhN0.jpg

P7mQMBi.jpg

Mahi and marlin are some of the most common fish around here (but marlin is king).

fziknBH.jpg

Only tasted the sauce and I stopped there. Sauce had Japanese mayo and hard-boiled egg. I would have made it with miso (butter).

tLW8Evn.jpg

2Srn1GV.jpg

TjOxGR2.jpg

8YNUWRA.jpg

bYbJHFR.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

sDuMhN0.jpg

P7mQMBi.jpg

fziknBH.jpg

Only tasted the sauce and I stopped there. Had Japanese mayo and hard-boiled egg. I would have made it with miso (butter).

tLW8Evn.jpg

2Srn1GV.jpg

TjOxGR2.jpg

8YNUWRA.jpg

bYbJHFR.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I stayed at a traditional guest house on Yonaguni island where home-style meals are included in the price. Seaweed of some kind is served with almost every meal, no matter how small the amount. Japan already holds the record for longevity but the highest concentration of centenarians are found in the Ryukyu archipelago. (Look up the well documented Blue Zone study)

sDuMhN0.jpg

P7mQMBi.jpg

fziknBH.jpg

Only tasted the sauce and I stopped there. Had Japanese mayo and hard-boiled egg. I would have made it with miso (butter).

tLW8Evn.jpg

2Srn1GV.jpg

TjOxGR2.jpg

8YNUWRA.jpg

bYbJHFR.jpg