• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

12 hours ago, Doofa said:

@liuzhou Sincere interest here. Do you mean your only supposed to eat there if your a member of the communist party? I'm also curious about the cost for that super looking meal in comparison to a similar meal in another venue, if you don't mind. I live on the Isle of Man and wish I could get a meal like that. We do Queenies quite well:rolleyes: D

The Party HQ is a gated complex with several  buildings. Only those who work there or have legitimate business there may usually enter. Only those who work there can usually use the canteen and even if you were to get in, you couldn't buy anything without an electronic payment card issued only to employees. So my friend paid for lunch! It was her turn. I'm told I am the only foreigner ever to have eaten there.

The meal cost about quarter of what it would elsewhere. And was higher quality.

I've never been to the Isle of Man, but I'm told I was conceived there! Does that count?

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, Doofa said:

@liuzhou Sincere interest here. Do you mean your only supposed to eat there if your a member of the communist party? I'm also curious about the cost for that super looking meal in comparison to a similar meal in another venue, if you don't mind. I live on the Isle of Man and wish I could get a meal like that. We do Queenies quite well:rolleyes: D

The Party HQ is a gated complex with several  buildings. Only those who work there or have legitimate business there may usually enter. Only those who work there can usually use the canteen and even if you were to get in, you couldn't buy anything without an electronic payment card issued only to employees. So my friend paid for lunch! It was her turn. I'm told I am the only foreigner every to have eaten there.

I've never been to the Isle of Man, but I'm told I was conceived there! Does that count?

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, Doofa said:

The Party HQ is a gated complex with several  buildings. Only those who work there or have legitimate business there may usually enter. Only those who work there can usually use the canteen and even if you were to get in, couldn't buy anything without an electronic payment card issued only to employees. So my friend paid for lunch! It was her turn. I'm told I am the only foreigner every to have eaten there.

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, Doofa said:

The Party HQ is a gated complex with several  buildings. Only those who work there or have legitimate business there may usually enter. Only those who work there can usually use the canteen and even if you were to get in, couldn't buy anything without an electronic payment card issued only to employees. So my friend paid for lunch! It was her turn.