• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 minutes ago, KennethT said:

@liuzhouIs that the total amount of rice made, or is there extra lurking off camera?  I have been looking for a rice cooker that specializes in small amounts - most of the ones I've seen here are great for large families or a very small restaurant, of which I have neither.  I'd love to find a rice cooker whose wheelhouse is like 1-2 cups of rice...

Yes, lurking rice. There is more in the rice cooker pan, which is now in the fridge. What you see is about a third of what I cooked.

I know what you mean. Living alone, I did have the same problem. However, I do have a smaller rice cooker which does maybe two rice bowls worth (cooked).

Today, I used the larger one as I am thinking of some fried rice for lunch tomorrow. If that doesn't transpire, I'll just freeze it for another day.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 minute ago, KennethT said:

@liuzhouIs that the total amount of rice made, or is there extra lurking off camera?  I have been looking for a rice cooker that specializes in small amounts - most of the ones I've seen here are great for large families or a very small restaurant, of which I have neither.  I'd love to find a rice cooker whose wheelhouse is like 1-2 cups of rice...

Yes. There is more in the rice cooker pan, which is now in the fridge. What you see is about a third of what I cooked.

I know what you mean. Living alone, I did have the same problem. However, I do have a smaller rice cooker which does maybe two rice bowls worth (cooked).

Today, I used the larger one as I am thinking of some fried rice for lunch tomorrow. If that doesn't transpire, I'll just freeze it for another day.