• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I rather shot myself in the foot tonight.  I had the brilliant idea of avoiding the heat in the kitchen (around 40ºC) and doing a 1-10-10 chicken breast. You only have to be in the kitchen to start the thing off, then you can leave after the first minute and let it get on with it. Pop back for a second between the two 10s and Robert is your father's brother.  I planned to serve this with a simple salad - tomato and balcony basil.

In a moment of total distraction, I felt the need of some carbs and insanely decided that the only possibility was what I call not-onion-bahjis. Due to India and China's long troubled relationship history, I cannot easily  get many Indian essentials, including the requisite gram flour. So, must to the disgust of the entire population of the Indian sub-continent,  I make do with regular all-purpose flour. I pimped my regular beer batter up with fried chilli flakes and black mustard seeds and mixed in the onions. Then had to stand over a very hot oil-filled wok while the damned things cooked.

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley" as Robert Burns said when he tried to cook bahjis. Still, mine tasted better than his!

dinner2.thumb.jpg.acc1a1b7035908afdaee750efe81d8e1.jpg

dinner1.thumb.jpg.615e7c8e0278226d6bcd4ef86c3fc9c6.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I rather shot myself in the foot tonight.  I had the brilliant idea of avoiding the heat in the kitchen (around 40ºC) and doing a 1-10-10 chicken breast. You only have to be in the kitchen to start the thing off, then you can leave after the first minute and let it get on with it. Pop back for a second between the two 10s and Robert is your father's brother.  I planned to serve this with a simple salad - tomato and balcony basil.

In a moment of total distraction, I felt the need of some carbs and insanely decided that the only possibility was what I call not-onion-bahjis. Due to India and China's long troubled relationship history, I cannot easily  get many Indian essentials, including the requisite gram flour. So, must to the disgust of the entire population of the Indian sub-continent,  I make do with regular all-purpose flour. I pimped my regular beer batter up with fried chilli flakes and black mustard seeds. Then had to stand over a very hot oil-filled wok while the damned things cooked.

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley" as Robert Burns said when he tried to cook bahjis. Still, mine tasted better than his!

liuzhou

liuzhou

I rather shot myself in the foot tonight.  I had the brilliant idea of avoiding the heat in the kitchen (around 40ºC) and doing a 1-10-10 chicken breast. You only have to be in the kitchen to start the thing off, then you can leave after the first minute and let it get on with it. Pop back for a second between the two 10s and Robert is your father's brother.  I planned to serve this with a simple salad.

In a moment of total distraction, I felt the need of some carbs and insanely decided that the only possibility was what I call not-onion-bahjis. Due to India and China's long troubled relationship history, I cannot easily  get many Indian essentials, including the requisite gram flour. So, must to the disgust of the entire population of the Indian sub-continent,  I make do with regular all-purpose flour. I pimped my regular beer batter up with fried chilli flakes and black mustard seeds. Then had to stand over a very hot oil-filled wok while the damned things cooked.