• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

What a disaster of a day. First, at noon, I made some rice - or tried to. Half way through cooking the rice cooker died.  I've had it about fifteen years and it was a gift from a client, so no cash really lost, although I still had to buy a new one.  I mean when you eat rice every day, you need one.

20180325_121719.thumb.jpg.bfd13dd96597410f7abefb6dad97a378.jpg

Then dinner. This was an experiment. Which failed. It tasted great. but looked like something the cat sicked up. It was meant to be fish pieces in a laver and beer batter. I think I know what went wrong. The batter was too dry and perhaps the oil temperature could have been higher. Never mind, that is what experiments are for - finding out what not to do. I'll try again, but maybe not soon.

fish.thumb.jpg.384220bd88473ffa4becc20a99d529c2.jpg

To cheer myself up, I bought a new t-shirt.

5ab7a4fc53267_bbqt-shirt.thumb.jpg.3f44d96231384709a4a45eb8f31e5ab5.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

What a disaster of a day. First, at noon, I made some rice - or tried to. Half way through cooking the rice cooker died.  I've had it about fifteen years and it was a gift from a client, so no cash really lost, although I still had to buy a new one.  I mean when you eat rice every day, you need one.

Then dinner. This was an experiment. Which failed. It tasted great. but looked like something the cat sicked up. It was meant to be fish pieces in a laver and beer batter. I think I know what went wrong. The batter was too dry and perhaps the oil temperature could have been higher. Never mind, that is what experiments are for - finding out what not to do. I'll try again, but maybe not soon.

fish.thumb.jpg.384220bd88473ffa4becc20a99d529c2.jpg

To cheer myself up, I bought a new t-shirt.