• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Replaced video. The first one was subtitled by a deaf moron.

This is not Chinese fried rice. It was fried in China, but there the comparison endeth. This is liuzhou fried rice, and I don't mean the city. I mean me.

Yesterday, as documented on the China Shopping topic,  I picked up a couple of "some kind of mushroom*". I'm pretty sure some kind of Boletus, I'm now sure. Not boletus edulis, but a minor relation.

mushrooms.thumb.jpg.299d8fe0c5cccc86118db3130e0f2588.jpg

Minced some pork and briefly marinated it in Shaoxing wine with garlic, ginger and red chilli. Chopped on mushroom into fine dice and stir fried with the pork and then the rice. Simultaneously sliced half the other mushroom and pan-fried the slices until lightly browned. Finished the fried rice with some scallions and served.

mushroom1.thumb.jpg.9530ef825d2eff9d07fe44e93c429682.jpg

mushroom2.thumb.jpg.d4cbbcd5665a2c797372e83c89b4c55b.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is not Chinese fried rice. It was fried in China, but there the comparison endeth. This is liuzhou fried rice, and I don't mean the city. I mean me.

Yesterday, as documented on the China Shopping topic,  I picked up a couple of "some kind of mushroom*". I'm pretty sure some kind of Boletus, I'm now sure. Not boletus edulis, but a minor relation.

mushrooms.thumb.jpg.299d8fe0c5cccc86118db3130e0f2588.jpg

Minced some pork and briefly marinated it in Shaoxing wine with garlic, ginger and red chilli. Chopped on mushroom into fine dice and stir fried with the pork and then the rice. Simultaneously sliced half the other mushroom and pan-fried the slices until lightly browned. Finished the fried rice with some scallions and served.

mushroom1.thumb.jpg.9530ef825d2eff9d07fe44e93c429682.jpg

mushroom2.thumb.jpg.d4cbbcd5665a2c797372e83c89b4c55b.jpg