• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Soooo ... as my wife and son are trying to escape the hot and sweltering Hong Kong summer (in currently equally hot and sweltering Catalunya) I am leading the life of a bachelor...

This allows me of course to give in to spontaneous cravings, induced by participating in the happy hour in a local watering hole and then having 30 min with my food-depraved brain alone with me on the ferry back from work. Thus, I stopped by the supermarket, got a pound of boneless chicken thighs and made ChiMek - Korean fried chicken and beer. Chicken marinated in ginger, garlic, mirin and salt, then coated with starch/flour sprinkled with little water droplets for that KFC effect. Fried and served with Gochujang honey sauce and mustard / sesame oil / honey sauce. 

Oh yeah, and SoMek - soju and beer - just because of Bachelorhood 😋

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.34dbdfa370462bab66dcafd48770fab0.JPG

(I count the days they come back)

Duvel

Duvel

Soooo ... as my wife and son are trying to escape the hot and sweltering Hong Kong summer (in currently equally hot and sweltering Catalunya) I am leading the life of a bachelor...

This allows me of course to give in to spontaneous cravings, induced by participating in the happy hour in a local watering hole and then having 30 min with my food-depraved brain also me on the ferry back from work. Thus, I stopped by the supermarket, got a pound of boneless chicken thighs and made ChiMek - Korean fried chicken and beer. Chicken marinated in ginger, garlic, mirin and salt, then coated with starch/flour sprinkled with little water droplets for that KFC effect. Fried and served with Gochujang honey sauce and mustard / sesame oil / honey sauce. 

Duvel

Duvel

This allows me of course to give it to spontaneous cravings, induced by participating in the happy hour in a local watering hole and then having 30 min with my food-depraved brain also me on the ferry back from work. Thus, I stopped by the supermarket, got a pound of boneless chicken thighs and made ChiMek - Korean fried chicken and beer. Chicken marinated in ginger, garlic, mirin and salt, then coated with starch/flour sprinkled with little water droplets for that KFC effect. Fried and served with Gochujang honey sauce and mustard / sesame oil / honey sauce.