• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cakewalk

cakewalk

Additional stuff

Looks like you figured it out pretty well. Nice looking crust. Damned if I know what I would have done. But my question is: why doesn't the book address this? Didn't you mention something in the area of $650? ;)

Does the dough have any yeast in it? Or is it just flour and water? Because if it has any yeast, I'd add the puree at the beginning, just like the other purees. (Which are made of what, by the way.) The salt might make it take longer to rise, but it would still rise. Then you wouldn't have had to deal with incorporating the olive puree into a stiff dough. 

cakewalk

cakewalk

Looks like you figured it out pretty well. Nice looking crust. Damned if I know what I would have done. But my question is: why doesn't the book address this? Didn't you mention something in the area of $650? ;)