• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

3 hours ago, Toliver said:

And this next one is very off-topic but may be of interest to some in this forum:

Rex Stout's "If Death Ever Slept (A Nero Wolfe Mystery Book 29)" Kindle Edition $1.99US

How could Nero Wolfe stories ever be off topic on a food site? After all, he lived to eat as much as to read or detect.  🙂

I discovered Nero Wolfe when I was in my teens and early twenties and the novels were a quick and easy diversion while I was going to Uni and wanted a break from the textbooks. I think I still have the full set, though I haven't read one for many years. But somehow I was reluctant to part with them and I have loaned them out a few times. 

I am pretty sure I once tried to prepare trout a la meunière based on a NW story. I don't think mine was very good, I didn't know how light a touch it needed at the time. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

3 hours ago, Toliver said:

And this next one is very off-topic but may be of interest to some in this forum:

Rex Stout's "If Death Ever Slept (A Nero Wolfe Mystery Book 29)" Kindle Edition $1.99US

How could Nero Wolfe stories ever be off topic on a food site? After all, he lived to eat as much as to read or detect.  🙂

I discovered Nero Wolfe when I was in my teens and early twenties and the novels were a quick and easy diversion while I was going to Uni and wanted a break from the textbooks. I think I still have the full set, though I haven't read one for many years. But somehow I was reluctant to part with them and I have loaned them out a few times. 

I am pretty sure I once tried to prepare trout a la meunière based on a NW story. I don't think mine was very good, I didn't know how light a touch it needed.