• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thank you for the nudge.  I downloaded the Kindle edition of Grist from our library.  I am pleased to report that the contents and the index seem functional.  However there are no page numbers in the text and the page number links in recipes don't work.  I'd call this a fail.

That’s too bad. 
I have the Kindle version of her first book, Ruffage. I don’t see page numbers in the text either but I have it set for continuous scrolling so I don’t even know exactly where pages begin and end half the time making that a non issue for me.

Edited to add that the page numbers do show up in the sidebar navigator so it’s easy enough to tap and check. 

All the page number links (I tested multiples from the table of contents, index and within recipes) worked fine. Sad they broke that in a newer book!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Thank you for the nudge.  I downloaded the Kindle edition of Grist from our library.  I am pleased to report that the contents and the index seem functional.  However there are no page numbers in the text and the page number links in recipes don't work.  I'd call this a fail.

That’s too bad. 
I have the Kindle version of her first book, Ruffage. I don’t see page numbers in the text either but I have it set for continuous scrolling so I don’t even know exactly where pages begin and end half the time making that a non issue for me.

All the page number links (I tested multiples from the table of contents, index and within recipes) worked fine. Sad they broke that in a newer book!