• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Because my stenographer suckS.

32 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

A friend who volunteered making sandwiches for a soup kitchen was instructed to always spread both filling and butter or mayo over the entire slice of bread, crust to crust, to ensure the sandwich was not dry.   Apparently not a universal rule.

We had a discussion elsewhere on the board sometime ago about the whole concept of buttering toast and bread to the very edges. I wish I could recall where it was because it was quite interesting. I believe the phrase was wall-to-wall!

Anna N

Anna N

31 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

A friend who volunteered making sandwiches for a soup kitchen was instructed to always spread both filling and butter or mayo over the entire slice of bread, crust to crust, to ensure the sandwich was not dry.   Apparently not a universal rule.

We had a discussion elsewhere on the board sometime ago about the whole concept of buttering toast the bread to the very edges. I wish I could recall where it was because it was quite interesting. I believe the freeze was wall-to-wall!