• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

This looks like one of the Burnay pots (palayok) from a particular area in the Philippines.  I used to have one that a friend sent me while she was visiting family there.  I had seen one at the local Philippine market that was for display only.

Some are glazed and used for cooking, many are larger and unglazed, used to store water because the evaporation cools it.  

This is a photo of a Burnay pot, no lid.5944b1ec02540_ScreenShot2017-06-16at9_35_39PM.png.d2b9693d8d6e7a6f253674481f276f4e.png

andiesenji

andiesenji

This looks like one of the Burnay pots (palayok) from a particular area in the Philippines.  I used to have one that a friend sent me while she was visiting family there.  I had seen one at the local Philippine market that was for display only.

Some are glazed and used for cooking, many are larger and unglazed, used to store water because the evaporation cools it.