• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

On 8/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, blue_dolphin said:

My TJ's is currently offering these little St. Albans cheeses from Vermont Creamery for $3.99.  They are reportedly VT Creamery's take on St. Marcellin.  I'm always a sucker for anything that comes in a cute little crock.  

IMG_4188.thumb.jpeg.34d0196f2a30b2af51108b4251da56f2.jpeg

I put the crock into the oven while I was heating the take-and-bake baguette and it was delicious when warmed up like that. 

IMG_4187.thumb.jpeg.6b88b6833620b807b19116d288bdc2df.jpeg

I'll also give a shout-out to the Giardino Pinot Grigio delle Venezie Vivace Rose.  It's a very easy-drinking, slightly fizzy rosé.  $3.99.  Too lazy to take a photo but you can see it here on the importer's IG.

Thanks for mentioning the Vermont Creamery cheese. I went to Trader Joe’s today to see if I could get some. They had plenty in stock and I picked up three. I don’t know why but they are a $1 more in DC area and are going for $4.99. Let one cheese sit out while we were having dinner and shared it for dessert. A tasty cheese! Thank you @blue_dolphin!

I also picked up some fresh figs, brioche split top buns, their Cuban Style Citrusy Garlic Seasoning Blend, and their refrigerated pesto. I hadn’t tried their Cuban spice blend (https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/065967) before but I like it and am looking forward to experimenting with it.

curls

curls

My TJ's is currently offering these little St. Albans cheeses from Vermont Creamery for $3.99.  They are reportedly VT Creamery's take on St. Marcellin.  I'm always a sucker for anything that comes in a cute little crock.  

I put the crock into the oven while I was heating the take-and-bake baguette and it was delicious when warmed up like that. 

I'll also give a shout-out to the Giardino Pinot Grigio delle Venezie Vivace Rose.  It's a very easy-drinking, slightly fizzy rosé.  $3.99.  Too lazy to take a photo but you can see it here on the importer's IG.

Thanks for mentioning the Vermont Creamery cheese. I went to Trader Joe’s today to see if I could get some. They had plenty in stock and I picked up three. I don’t know why but they are a $1 more in DC area and are going for $4.99. Let one cheese sit out while we were having dinner and shared it for dessert. A tasty cheese! Thank you @blue_dolphin!

I also picked up some fresh figs, brioche split top buns, and their refrigerated pesto.

curls

curls