• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

IMO, the steak seasoning will be fine. The biggest issue I have had with some non-tomato sauce pizzas has been blandness. (Made a cheese ravioli pizza with bechamel sauce once and it was pretty boring.)

Obviously, some experiments will be warranted -practice making perfect and all that jazz. Although, for me, practice makes me think of even more complicated foods to prepare....

Might I also suggest serving a Neapolitan classic, especially classic amongst the pizzaioli -Eggs In Purgatory. It's really good, and super easy to make if you make the sauce in advance. When I worked at a pizza place, we often made this for employee breakfast. (I was a prep cook who came in hours before most anyone else.)

Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock

IMO, the steak seasoning will be fine. The biggest issue I have had with some non-tomato sauce pizzas has been blandness. (Made a cheese ravioli pizza with Alfredo sauce once and it was pretty boring.)

Obviously, some experiments will be warranted -practice making perfect and all that jazz. Although, for me, practice makes me think of even more complicated foods to prepare....

Might I also suggest serving a Neapolitan classic, especially classic amongst the pizzaioli -Eggs In Purgatory. It's really good, and super easy to make if you make the sauce in advance. When I worked at a pizza place, we often made this for employee breakfast. (I was a prep cook who came in hours before most anyone else.)