• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

19 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Wass is still there - last time @Anna N and I tried to go though they claimed to be open - but were keeping island time. I phoned and left a message and they phoned me back and suggested we could come 'now' but by then we were already eating elsewhere. 

Not sure where James meets the Redhill - wonder if it might be Alves on 157 McNabb. Couple of blocks west of James off Cannon. Lots of fabulous prepared foods - meats and potatoes being the star. Good Portuguese breads and buns available. Covid forced them to renovate and it's much more open in there now. 

Nice to know Wass is still there.

Alexander and Upper James: Toma La.

I forgot Redhill turns into LAP.

Senior Sea Kayaker

Senior Sea Kayaker

16 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Wass is still there - last time @Anna N and I tried to go though they claimed to be open - but were keeping island time. I phoned and left a message and they phoned me back and suggested we could come 'now' but by then we were already eating elsewhere. 

Not sure where James meets the Redhill - wonder if it might be Alves on 157 McNabb. Couple of blocks west of James off Cannon. Lots of fabulous prepared foods - meats and potatoes being the star. Good Portuguese breads and buns available. Covid forced them to renovate and it's much more open in there now. 

Lincoln Alexander and Upper James: Toma La.

I forgot Redhill turns into LAP.