• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Yesterday my daughter and I had lunch together at a restaurant that had been hiding in plain sight about a kilometre from my house.  I had noticed the Bamboo Legend in a mall where I used to shop.  I had never been there nor had I ever heard of anyone who had been there.   But my daughter and her friends had discovered it.   It just celebrated its 12th anniversary! 

My normal habit is to have lunch with @Kerry Beal who’s responsibility it is to make sure there are photographs taken. Without Kerry things went to hell in a hand basket.

We were each served a very beautiful salad before our main dishes were brought  but these were eaten before I remembered about the photographs. There were also drinks. My daughter had ginger tea and I just had water which arrived in one of those handled Mason jars (which I hate). 

Perhaps it was the sight  of the hated Mason jar that jogged my memory about photographs. 

5097A667-94D2-4C24-9F05-5AA0B9F1B2CE.thumb.jpeg.a804aefe61ea614251a4f2719ea9bfdf.jpeg

My daughter had the Creamy Coconut Curry with beef.

ED4C79E3-D0C5-4E8B-9781-E7A61E4847CD.thumb.jpeg.42bd44f88d7260a25d5c8c67b15c718d.jpeg

I had the Drunken Noodles with beef.

My dish was very tasty but I could only manage less than half of the noodles before I was too full to move.

Anna N

Anna N

Yesterday my daughter and I had lunch together at a restaurant that had been hiding in plain sight about a kilometre from my house.  I knew about the Bamboo Legend having noticed its existence in a mall where I used to shop.  I had never been there nor has I ever heard of anyone who had been there.   But my daughter and her friends had discovered it.   It just celebrated its 12th anniversary!