• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Change the position of a modifier.

1 hour ago, lindag said:

As I nearly always do, I caved to the enabling here and ordered the Joule (on sale at Amazon for $159+ change) along with the Everie container.

Delivery comes Monday.  Can't wait to try some beef.

A couple of years ago I tried the Anova and just didn't like the whole process, gave it away.

Now I'm psyched to try again after seeing the photos here and hearing about how well it works.

I hope you were not going to be disappointed. I have had just about every make and model and configuration of equipment out there starting out with a prototype. All of them cook exactly the same way. Some are more convenient to use than others. Some are more reliable than others.  But there are no other differences that would cause one to make better food than another.

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, lindag said:

As I nearly always do, I caved to the enabling here and ordered the Joule (on sale at Amazon for $159+ change) along with the Everie container.

Delivery comes Monday.  Can't wait to try some beef.

A couple of years ago I tried the Anova and just didn't like the whole process, gave it away.

Now I'm psyched to try again after seeing the photos here and hearing about how well it works.

I hope you were not going to be disappointed. I have had just about every make and model and configuration of equipment out there starting out with a prototype. All of them cook exactly the same way. Some are more convenient to use than others. Some are more reliable than others.  But there are no other differences that would cause one to make food better than another.