• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jayt90

jayt90

You haven't mentioned fish, which should be low in fiber, and oil, and easy to digest. 

There are lots of soy products as dairy or protein substitutes.  The only ones I use are tofu and Kirkland soy beverage, which tastes like slightly sweetened skim milk. I avoid almond milk because a huge amount of water is used in production.. 

Are eggs OK? Certainly egg whites, angel food cake, lemon merangue or banana based pie?  How about white bread with mayo and tuna? Sticky rice?  Pearl barley? Tomato soup...  squid...  mussels...

jayt90

jayt90

You haven't mentioned fish, which should be low in fiber, and oil, and easy to digest. 

There are lots of soy products as dairy or protein substitutes.  The only ones I use are tofu and Kirkland soy beverage, which tastes like slightly sweetened skim milk. I avoid almond milk because a huge amount of water is used in production.. 

Are eggs OK? Certainly egg whites, angel food cake, lemon merangue or banana cream pie?  How about white bread with mayo and tuna? Sticky rice?  Pearl barley? Tomato soup...  squid...  mussels...

jayt90

jayt90

Are eggs OK?  How about white bread? Sticky rice?  Pearl barley? Tomato soup...  squid...  mussels...

jayt90

jayt90

Are eggs OK?  How about white bread? Sticky rice?  Pearl barley?