• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cutter

cutter

paulraphael   maybe i am seeing the push cutting wrong but the video i asked about clearly puts the tip on a forward slice hits the board then heel comes down. with push cutting one you ref. a video to does not show tip hitting board.?  could you tell me if  if push cutting also does this .   i always thought push cutting as long forward stroke then reach heel back of knife down.

only a low cut   technique starts with tip on board and you push forward and down,but here this also is not like video i mentioned either. the tip in the video i mention does not start at the board at all,you have to slide in a little and when tip hits board you bring the heel down.    sorry i cant get the bold type off something is wrong with my computer.   it seems to me the guy in the video i am talking about does maybe a thrust with point of knife and then brings knife heel down. thanks                                                                                                                                 if you watch his video marcus burics types of cuts ,when he is doing the celery at 2:47 there is a very good close up of what i am asking.                       

cutter

cutter

paulraphael   maybe i am seeing the push cutting wrong but the video i asked about clearly puts the tip on a forward slice hits the board then heel comes down. with push cutting one you ref. a video to does not show tip hitting board.?  could you tell me if  if push cutting also does this .   i always thought push cutting as long forward stroke then reach heel back of knife down.

only a low cut   technique starts with tip on board and you push forward and down,but here this also is not like video i mentioned either. the tip in the video i mention does not start at the board at all,you have to slide in a little and when tip hits board you bring the heel down.    sorry i cant get the bold type off something is wrong with my computer.   it seems to me the guy in the video i am talking about does maybe a thrust with point of knife and then brings knife heel down. thanks                                                                                                                                                         

cutter

cutter

only a low cut   technique starts with tip on board and you push forward and down,but here this also is not like video i mentioned either. the tip in the video i mention does not start at the board at all,you have to slide in a little and when tip hits board you bring the heel down.    sorry i cant get the bold type off something is wrong with my computer.                                                                                                                                                             

cutter

cutter

only a low cut   technique starts with tip on board and you push forward and down,but here this also is not like video i mentioned either. the tip in the video i mention does not start at the board at all,you have to slide in a little and when tip hits board you bring the heel down.