• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

17 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Not quite sure how you got this impression but it certainly wasn’t anything that I got. My Darto pans were not seasoned by any stretch of the imagination. 

Upon further reflection, it seems I might have been hallucinating that the old styles, as dark as they came, were pre-seasoned.

Apparently I was mistaken?

I am quite put off by the Mafter's inability to hold its seasoning.  Curious to hear others experiences with Darto's in such respects.

TicTac

TicTac

14 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Not quite sure how you got this impression but it certainly wasn’t anything that I got. My Darto pans were not seasoned by any stretch of the imagination. 

I am fairly certain that one of Darto's selling features was that they came pre-seasoned.  Perhaps that was their previous line of pans...?