• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

the Burton works fine at its lowest temps    100 and 150 F

higher than that on these pans  , judging by the areas that boil , the set-up is a poor one

at 100 F   ( setting # 1 )  i frist melt a little butter , then add the beaten eggs and do other stuff ;

get the coffee going , get the toast toasting  etc.   the eggs barely cook.  once everything is in order :

I turn the burton up to 150 and rapidly move the eggs around w a silicone spatula for a very short time.  as soon as I see cooked eggs on the bottom of the ban

I take the pan off the induction surface and Finnish them that way , take only a few seconds.   these are very soft custard like eggs

the way I like scrambled eggs.   using this pan I get away w less butter but get the butter flavor in the eggs.

rotuts

rotuts

the Burton works fine at its lowest temps    100 and 150 F

higher than that on these pans  , judging by the areas that boil , the set-up is a poor one

at 100 F   ( setting # 1 )  i frist melt a little butter , then add the beaten eggs and to other stuff ;

get the coffee going , get the toast toasting  etc.   the eggs barely cook.  once everything is in order

I turn the burton up to 150 and rapidly move the eggs around w a silicone spatula for a very short time.  as soon as I see cooked eggs on the bottom of the ban

I take the pan off the induction surface and Finnish them that way , take only a few seconds.   these are very soft custard like eggs

the way I like scrambled eggs.   using this pan I get away w less butter but get the butter flavor in the eggs.