• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IowaDee

IowaDee

My brain has such a hard time with the word "forged".  My late father-in-law owned an old timey blacksmith shop and the word meant something so different.

Plow shares and horse shoes, not doughnuts and salad greens.   Gotta get my brain to move forward here.   He was such a smart guy.  When times changed and

business fell off he went to work for John Deere in their experimental department and developed all kinds of amazing things for them.

And I should add, all of this was with just an 8th grade education!  

IowaDee

IowaDee

My brain has such a hard time with the word "forged".  My late father-in-law owned an old timey blacksmith shop and the word meant something so different.

Plow shares and horse shoes, not doughnuts and salad greens.   Gotta get my brain to move forward here.   He was such a smart guy.  When times changed and

business fell off he went to work for John Deere in their experimental department and developed all kinds of amazing things for them.