• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

13 hours ago, chromedome said:

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

Yeah, my DLC-7Pro is the same vintage and the S-blade is Japan-made, too.  The Japanese models are recalled, although the official page suggests they aren't.

I was going to shrug this off, but I decided to take a REALLY close look at my main blade and Whoa! it was indeed hairline cracked at one of the rivets.

Get the free new blade.  At the very least, it'll be sharper than that 30-year-old one...

boilsover

boilsover

13 hours ago, chromedome said:

Feeling for y'all. I'm still using/loving my 80s-vintage Japanese-built Cuis, but hope to pick up a spare from eBay or Kijiji against the evil day that it finally gives up the ghost. 

Yeah, my DLC-7Pro is the same vintage and the S-blade is Japan-made, too.  The Japanese models are recalled, although the official page suggests they aren't.

I was going to shrug this off, but I decided to take a REALLY close look at my main blade and Whoa! it was indeed hairline cracked at one of the rivets.

Get the new blade.  At the very least, it'll be sharper than that 30-year-old one...